12 month maternity cover
The BMJs Operations department currently has a 12 month contract for a Systems Coordinator. BMJ is the innovative publishing division of the British Medical Association and one of the world leaders in medical publishing with a strong brand recognised internationally. One of the key product areas, BMJ Journals, produces over 70 specialist clinical medical titles, many of which are leaders in their fields.
The Systems Coordinator's main responsibilities will be for maintaining and supporting the use of systems within the Operations Department for the suite of journals within BMJ. Specifically working with end users (mainly editors, vendors and internal staff) to support and maintain existing systems used by the editorial team.
● Implement programme changes to our Editorial and Production platforms,ScholarOne and Publishing at Work.
● Project manage the set up of new journal launches on ScholarOne and Publishing at work.
● Provide expert consultation, customer support and training to Editors, Managing Editors and Staff
● Support and manage internal and external projects within the BMJ Operations Team
● Analyse and monitor system performance across all titles
● Test alternative tracking, processing systems and products for implementation within BMJ Operations
● Liaise with suppliers to manage and monitor open request tickets, providing feedback when necessary
● Complete due diligence documentation of methods and system developments and communicate with relevant stakeholders
● Must be comfortable with working autonomously and take initiative when approaching problem solving
● Experience working in STM or HSS Publishing industry or Tech Customer Services
● Knowledge of online peer review and manuscript tracking system preferably Scholar One or any other online content management system
● ScholarOne configuration experience ideal but not required
● Knowledge or experience in managing peer review or production processes
● Experienced in managing tech suppliers
● Good knowledge of web and email based applications
● Basic knowledge of HTML, XML and API is ideal but not required
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Experience of training and coaching would be beneficial
Please attach a cover letter to support your application
BMJ takes pride in its people and is committed to being an inclusive employer. As a values driven organisation, we support individuality and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates. We are open to discussing flexible working options.